Happy New Year!!
Lol i know. How very appropriate? as it's already 12 days into the year.
I awkwardly realised yesterday that although i thanked the whole Twitter, Instagram & Facebook world (during the christmas & New year) for their blog support, i actually forgot to write it where it was most important. I love you guys the most and it's the heart that matters, so here's me wishing you all an amazing and prosperous year (By God's grace)
Top: H & M || Skirt: H & M, Similar here on Asos || Coat: Zara || Necklace: Zara || Bag: Random store in Jerusalem || Shoes: My usual..lol
I planned on a very detailed, emotional and down-to-earth new years article. But Man plans, God laughs. I will be truthful to admit to you that i got it all planned out in my head but it's just not coming out as good as i planned. Nonetheless, to avoid disappointing you, as i've promised this post already, it's important to still put out a few words.
Let me pour out my heart the best way i can. I will tell you the lessons i've learnt, those i'm still learning and the ones i will need to adopt. And i will leave a piece of advice on each point. If you're looking to learn one or two things, then please continue reading..
1) It's taken me a long time to realise and finally accept that having one's peace above everything else should be the single most important goal. And the first step is rooting one's peace in the right things, and not making compromise an option. It's not worth doing if you are not at peace with yourself. God, many a times uses our peace to direct us.
2) Very few things are self-fuilling. The more of A you get, would not make you any happier, as you might think. Bishop Td Jakes once said "If it doesn't feel right now, what you define as success wouldn't feel any better "you will only end up pursuing success all your life to find that it wouldn't make you any more happy". If you don't learn to be happy with all you are now, not even more will fill that void. I'm learning a lot about being content, happy and enjoying the process. It get's boring once you arrive at the venue, i'm learning to enjoy the ride instead.
3) Mistakes are inevitable if progress must be made. I'm learning that it is okay to make mistakes, say the wrong things, and not be spot on all the time. I'm not perfect yet, and i probably will never be. There's a reason God told Paul in 2 corinthians 12: 9 that "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" Therefore i will boast gladly about my weaknesses so christ's power may rest on me. As long as we're not consciously making these "mistakes", he's already promised to make everything work for our good. I'm learning that i need to stop beating up myself for the things i get wrong, when God isn't even hard on me.
4) After exhausting all my possible options, i've learnt that only God satisfies and he satisfies completely. Nothing else will do. I can assure you because i've tried it.
5) I've told you about my goal of being a free-spirit, oh! i love that i've become laid back about too many things. I will be honest in admitting that i'm not there yet, but i'm certainly not where i used to be. If you're still considering it, i will tell you something, go for it, there's nothing to lose, if anything, you will find yourself, be at peace and care-less. Caring less wouldn't be a bad thing, as it would be those things that needed to go anyways.
6) God has a way of answering prayers, it wouldn't be yes, all the time (i learnt the hard way) but the No's are the most rewarding, because it means he has better options than your own limited and confined plans. Be grateful the next time God tells you No.
7) Life has a way of rewarding us for our conscious or unconscious actions. Be careful how you treat others, it may not be now, but you will get treated just as good/bad as the case may be. It's the gospel truth and I recently started believing this.
8) Be more open to learn. God has placed you where you are for a reason. Make it a point to learn as much as you can possibly learn now. No one is too small or big to learn from. You'd be amazed at how much there is to know and how little you know.
9) Let's make it count. If we're in it, we might as-well commit to it. No more going through the motions (learn from Mattew West's song titled "motions") God has brought me to it, he will certainly bring me through it. I might as-well do the best i can now.
10)Fill in this one yourself. What habits are you trying to get rid of? and which ones are you trying to adopt? Let me know, leave a comment below :)
Lots & Lots of love,