Sadly, summer is almost over :( and if you're anything like me you are already saying bye to those bright, vibrant summer dresses and getting your autumn/winter wardrobe out.
To be honest, i think i'm quite excited as i'm already bored of simple monotonous summer wears and i'm more excited to layer autumn outfits. And with the beautiful Autumn/Winter collections I've been observing, i'm too easily convinced autumn is what i want.
In preparing our wardrobes for fall, we all essentially try not to look fat and overly plump while layering for warmth. I want to believe no one enjoys looking like "humpty dumpty" or lumpy russet potato, not for the cold, esp if one can help it :) So below are 5 tips on how, Feel free to leave more tips in the comment box below :)
1) Sweater dresses:
- Sweater dresses will not only add a feminine touch to an autumn staple but hide problem areas and avoid making the midsection look heavy. When paired with skinny jeans and heeled/riding boots, it gives the perfect slim appearance.
2) Plaid /Vertical striped skirts
- Apart from the fact that plaid skirts are totally "in" this fall, it is only self evident that the vertical patterns help create the desired slimming effect.
Details >> ( Zara )
(I particularly love this skirt, Zara's A/W collection is giving me life right now)
3) Skinny Jeans
- " It's a myth that skinny jeans make you look bulkier. When properly layered underneath a tunic, it can be very slimming" Trust me you don't want to be wearing your 'boyfriend jeans' underneath your already over-sized coat.
Details >> (Topshop) (American Apparel)
4) Knit socks
- Apart from the fact that they are incredibly cute, they also help create an illusion of long legs while keeping the legs warm.They can be bought in almost any clothing outlet.
(we all know i can't boast of beautiful straight legs, but look how long &pretty they look in knit socks)
5) Prints & Black Tights (emphasis on black tights)
- Whether it's prints shorts or mini-skirt coupled with "black" tights, these have always been in a plump woman like myself's must-have dictionary. Be it summer or fall. I love the slimming effect the black tights give to the thighs with the prints creating an illusion of slimmer hips & lowerbody
Hope you found this helpful? Feel free to leave more tips below;
Also let me know what you think and what you would like me to talk about next.
Lots & Lots of love,
The Aspiring Sartorialist Xx
p.s- not all the pictures used in this post are mine.